February 12, 2009

Notes from the future.

There is a moment
where it exists,

as real as anything.
in high definition and precision focused.
an unambiguous description.

and when that moment is up
it exists no more.

I know the time of my demise.

I know the time of your demise.

And if I had my way, we'd live forever.


He watched the scene unfold from a hidden vantage point.  A twenty something pointed a hand gun at a middle-age man.  The older man fell to his knees with his hands behind his head.  He cried as he begged.  His last act was to make eye contact with the hidden man watching it all happen.  Then he was dead.

The hidden man couldn't help but feel disgust at the ease of the execution.  And the exhibition of infantile cowardice in the face of death.  

You didn't even put up a fight.  You crying piece of shit.

What was the point in witnessing this?  His own death in a future time.

Dear Sara, I changed the tires to your car.
They were brand new.  I tried to save you.
But instead, I bought you defective tires.
Which blew up, causing your death.

Here it is, my machine.
I never showed it to you before.  
It travels through time.  

Pure scientific theory made real in this form of cold uncaring steel.  It doesn't move unless I make it move.  It only calculates the parameters that I enter.  It is totally reliant on me.  Yet its conscious.  Its hard to describe Sara.  I think its mocking me.

It has taught me nothing but misery and despair.  And it shattered my self worth.  Its knocked me down so many pegs.  I might as well not exist.